As a key member of the Accounting Department, the Assistant Controller will report
to the Director of Finance & Risk Management and assume a strategic role in
assisting with the management of all corporate bookkeeping, cash management and
general ledger matters. This position includes but is not limited to being
responsible for company related accounting tasks including providing back up of
the weekly payroll and all local, state union, and federal reporting
requirements. The Assistant Controller should have prior experience with a
weekly union payroll and general aspects of GAAP. This position requires a
strong and professional personality while being actively involved in team
activities and interacting with multiple departments.
- Manage the accuracy of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, project cost accounting, and Human Resources.
- Management of general ledger maintenance, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and annual audit.
- Backup personnel for weekly payroll process and payroll transmission to the bank.
- Review for accuracy and compliance with controls and process for payment corporate, employee expense reports, and monthly car allowance invoices.
- Prepare various state sales tax reports and gross receipt returns either quarterly or monthly as required by each state.
- Check bank accounts daily for deposits and withdrawals and provide cleared check listing.
- Review weekly checks and electronic payments in Pvault for compliance to procedures and proper approvals
- Enter new AP vendors and Customers in accounting software
- Maintain electronic and hard copy of Owner contract files
- Renew, maintain, and submit new applications of all business and contractor licenses
- Daily entry of cash receipts and maintenance of all payment logs and weekly cash position report.
- Assure completeness of reconciliations to general ledger account balances and post monthly and quarterly journal entries.
- Financial review of subcontractor’s annual statements for SDI program
- Reconcile and oversee all corporate credit card invoices with supporting receipts and proper approvals of purchases.
- Post monthly and quarterly prepaid and accrual entries
- Maintain all the company vehicles annual registrations, Ezpass amounts.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications as well as third party software programs.
- Assist with quarterly/monthly close, WIP schedule and financial statement preparation.
- Develop and maintain Overhead budget and review overhead expenses
- Contribute to annual external audit by providing documentation requested from audit preparation package.
- Maintain educational progress in finance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CCIFP certification preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in construction accounting, including financial statement
and Work in process schedule preparation, general ledger maintenance, auditing,
annual tax filings, payroll, benefits administration, and insurance.
- Strong computer skills Microsoft Office 365, Outlook, Procore, pVault Imaging
System, Event 1 Integrator, Sage CRE 300/Timberline, Sage My Assistant, and
Adobe XI Professional preferred
- Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Physical setting: Office
Schedule: 8-hour shift | Day shift | Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types: Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate: Exton, PA 19341: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Experience: GAAP – 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location