Chief Financial Officer
The Project Accountant is responsible for processing monthly requisitions to the Owner, maintaining timely and accurate cost information in Prolog, Procore, and Timberline in compliance with corporate policies, and for adopting and implementing the philosophy of the HSC Way while performing the following essential functions.
- Establish, organize, and maintain current project files per department filing system for all projects you are assigned.
- Obtain copy of Owner’s contract for each project and familiarize him/her with financial aspects of the contract.
- Attend Project Kick Off meetings.
- Review and input budget information into Timberline using the proper cost code structure and phases in accordance with the budget set-up sheet provided by Estimator or Project Manager.
- Review and verify the commitments, subcontractor change orders and general conditions cost between Timberline, Procore, and Prolog to ensure bridge software accuracy.
- Verify the accuracy of the previously billed and paid figures on the Subcontractor’s Application for Payment.
- Electronically process subcontractor & vendor invoices to Project Manager via Pvault.
- Follow up with Project Manager to ensure approval is done in a timely manner.
- Generate and issue VIRN notices to subcontractor for changes made to their invoice.
- Prepare each Owner invoice in accordance with Owner contract requirements and billing submission process (upload to POET, Ariba, E-Builders, Princeton, J&J, etc.)
- Enter necessary direct cost entries and miscellaneous worksheet entries in Timberline as incurred by the project.
- Work with each Project Manager as needed to ensure timely Owner billings and payments.
- Obtain Project Manager’s approval for subcontractor payments once the Owner payment is received.
- Ensure timely payment to subcontractors and vendors after Project Manager’s approval is received and all paperwork has been properly submitted.
- Obtain renewal insurance certificates from subcontractors prior to each payment when expired.
- Complete monthly project reconciliations between Owner Billing and Timberline at time of Owner billing.
- Generate to and collect from all subcontractors the final ROL once directed to do so by the Project Manager. Obtain approval from Project Manager once final ROL is received.
- Follow all corporate policies and report any inconsistencies.
- Perform departmental responsibilities as needed.
- Maintain any project specific programs as required (i.e. Subcontractor Default Insurance, Wrap-ups, Certified payrolls, etc.).
- Provide any supplemental reports/documentation as may be required by Owner. (i.e. spreadsheets, certified payroll, partial and final release of liens.
- Verify all figures on the Project Status Report and complete Project Accounting section on a monthly basis.
- Maintain full working knowledge of budget, contingency, and profitability of projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- BS Degree in Accounting or related business degree, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in cost accounting or construction accounting.
- Construction industry experience is preferred.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office 2013, Outlook, Procore, Prolog Manager, pVault Imaging System, Event 1 Integrator, Sage CRE 300/Timberline, and Adobe XI Professional preferred)
SKILLS and ABILITIES: Must be a positive team player, self-motivated, and possess strong time management skills; must be flexible, conscientious, detail oriented, well organized and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with working knowledge of basic accounting principles and strong financial analytical skills. Must have good written and oral communication skills, possess a professional demeanor, take initiative, have interpersonal skills and interface well with co-workers, clients, vendors and executives.
- Ability to sit or stand for extensive lengths of time
- Ability to bend, stoop, twist, and/or stretch from seated or standing positions.
- Ability to utilize a computer for extensive lengths of time (requiring finger dexterity/visual acuity)
- Ability to hear/see in order to record and prepare communications.
- Requires moderate to intense concentration due to complexity and/or need to meet deadlines, and flexibility to readily adapt to a changing environment.
- Must be able to lift 10lbs or more and file in a 5 drawer lateral cabinet
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Ability to travel independently.
The preceding functions may not be comprehensive in scope regarding work performed by an employee assigned to this position classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of this position. Management also reserves the right to make reasonable accommodations so that a qualified employee(s) can perform the essential functions of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer