Sustainability & LEED
“We approach projects with sustainability in mind.”
As an environmentally conscious company, “green” building is important to us. We approach projects with sustainability in mind with alternate methods and systems to care for the surrounding communities. Examples of this are developing waste management, indoor air quality, and recycling plans; offering recommendations for low Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) products; and identifying local purchasing.
Our project managers, estimators, and superintendents have the expertise to provide recommendations during design and see them through construction. Once the project is complete, we work with the facility team so they become trained on all systems and can achieve the building’s long-term life-cycle goals.
HSC’s team members understand how to meet LEED® goals and requirements and then assist in the U.S. Green Building Council submission process. Additionally, HSC constructs to the high standards of LEED building at the owner’s request, even when there is no intention of submission.
A few of HSC’s LEED-certified projects:
- Duke Realty Bryn Mawr Medical Office Building, LEED Gold
- EMD Millipore Technology & Customer Service Center, LEED Gold
- Morphotek Pilot Plant, LEED Gold
- University of Pennsylvania Evans Building Penn Dental Medicine, LEED Gold
- Widener University Founders Hall, LEED Silver
- Widener University Freedom Hall, LEED Silver
- Confidential Client World Headquarters Office Renovations, LEED Silver